oops! sorry, I had not gathered all of the responses on the Half Blood
Prince hit before I post it. Here are the remainder of responses. After tallying
ALL responses it does appear that most elementary librarians (8) are  planning
to purchase HP6 , 6 of the respondents say they will not, 4 say they  will
wait until they can read, discuss and watch reviews before deciding, and 1  did
not voice a specific opinion.

I have already read the book and in my opinion, the
reading  level is pretty high. The story is yet darker than the last.
Treachery and
murders abound. Can't say much more without spoiling it, but a  beloved
major character dies, and the murderer is, well...it
was  surprising to me.

Not having read the newest book yet, for obvious reasons, I can't say if it
is or not, but I certainly have ordered it for my K-5 school.  It can't  be
that "mature"...I didn't see anything wrong with Order of the Phoenix. If
one thinks the kids don't know about romance in the 2nd grade, he/she is
living in another world. I never even considered *not* ordering the book.
It's pretty mild compared to the stuff on TV/movies. IMHO

I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the discussion because  I'm at
a middle school, but I believe I remember hearing that our  district
won't approve number 5 (and I'm assuming 6 and 7).

Personally, I won't let me 8 year old son read them or watch the  movies
yet because I think he'd be scared to death; however, I have parents  of
kids in Kdg. at my K-5 school that have read all of them to  their
children. I am purchasing it for my school library because the kids  expect
me to get
it.  I'll read it first before putting it on the shelf  to make my final
decision.  But, I also require anyone under 3rd grade  to bring a note or
have their parents call and give permission for them to  check out HP
books.

Harry basically started off at middle school level.  I will  have the book on
the shelf when school starts.  I don't expect to see it  again except for
renewals/checkouts.  Only the kids who want to read it  will actually read
it.  Sometimes the parents read it to their children  so I leave it up to the
individual parents/students to make that  decision.

My school will be a K-3 school and I plan to buy a few copies. Whenever a
new HP book comes out,  there is an interest in the older ones. I will  have
G&T kids in my school and so I must buy higher level books. Also  some of our
kids often have their own copies.

Rachel  Hinds
Librarian
Carleston Elementary