Oliver LaFarge also wrote the fictional book entitled "Laughing Boy".  Based upon
his credentials and the fact that your book (A Pictorial History of American
Indians) contains photographs of unique tribes during that time period, I would
probably keep the book.   Oliver LaFarge appears to have been a significant
anthropologist who studied and wrote about Native Americans at a time when there
was little available to "white America."

I think since your book is a "pictorial history" it may be a good book to keep in
your collection, despite its age.  I would continue to check information about the
research and perceptions of LaFarge by the Native American culture and retain the
book, if not only for useful research of a comparison of good / bad materials that
can be found in print materials relating to various cultures.

At this time, however, I think your book is a keeper.  However, you might want to
contact one professor that I know has done a lot of research on the Native American
culture and their perception of the literature written about them.  She is Dr.
Lotsee Patterson at the University of Oklahoma.
http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/P/Lotsee.F.Patterson-1/home.html

(She was my advisor during my MLIS program and is very knowledgeable about the
literature and what libraries / librarians should do with these types of materials.)

In addition, here are some sites that detail LaFarge's work:

http://oncampus.richmond.edu/faculty/ASAIL/SAILns/102.html

http://www2.tcu.edu/depts/prs/amwest/html/wl0567.html

http://www2.tcu.edu/depts/prs/amwest/pdf/wl0567.pdf

Good Luck!