From: "CAROL NIEMI" <CNIEMI@GTACS.ORG>
To: <LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: [LM_NET] Native American book advice

LM-Netters,
In the midst of a summer weeding project, I'm trying to decide if I
should keep the book by Oliver LaFarge titled A pictorial history of
American Indians.  It was published by Crown in 1956.  The date makes me
cringe, but the extensive photos and drawings may not all be available
elsewhere.  It's been rebound and in good condition. The text I've
perused seems P.C.  I would like to hear from others who are familiar
with the work or have experience with these types of books.
Thank you for you input.

Carol E. Niemi
St. Francis High School Library
Where Christ is the reason for the school
Traverse City, MI 49684
cniemi@gtacs.org