Hi! I'm putting together material for several workshops I'll be teaching
this fall and I'd appreciate some help from my all-knowing and helpful
peers!!

The one at the ACSI conference in Dayton in November will be "Cashing In On
Your Ideas", which will include material about how to get your ideas, tips,
techniques, and lesson plans published either in magazines or books. If you
were to sign up for it, what questions would you expect to have answered and
what information would you be hoping to take away from it (notes, handouts,
resources, etc. as well as actual verbal presentation)? I'm limited to 5
pages of handouts and one hour of class time.

I also need to know what professional magazines you and the teachers in your
schools read (with contact info, if possible) and any publishing house
information you think should be included.

For workshop #2, to be given in Oct., I'm looking for suggestions for
picture books that can be used K-12 and/or across the curriculum, especially
ones that came out in 2003-2005. (Please include authors.) I've given this
class several times before; it is 45 minutes long and includes an updated
brochure of annotated titles.

Workshop #3, in Sept., will be about breaking in the field of book
reviewing. Do you write book reviews? Where are they published? What is the
pay rate? How did you get into the filed and how long have you been doing
it? Any suggestions for those who want to break in? Any tips, resources,
personal stories, cautions, points of interest, etc that you can offer would
be very helpful, since I'd like to include information that comes from more
than just myself. This one will also be one hour and I'm giving it for the
first time, although I've taught on the topic before on a smaller scale.

Please contact me off-list and include WORKSHOPS in the subject line. Thank
you so much!

Betty Winslow, Media Center Director
BGCA
Bowling Green, OH