Regarding the way the librarian is portrayed in Harry Potter 1-6. I don'g get too
concerned over the librarian as different from the other teachers, or even the
adults. I don't think that any of the teachers (except maybe McGonagal) are
portrayed the way I see teachers. In Harry Potter they play favorites, grade
unfairly, give meaningless assignments, don't help with difficult assignments, and
most of all don't listed to the students and think they are right.

BUT, I think this is part of what makes the books appeal to kids. They often see
their school and teachers as being very much like Hogwarts.

My two cents worth

Deborah Stafford
Gen. H.H. Arnold High School
summer email deborah_stafford@gaggle.net