Dear librarians,
Among the million end-of-year tasks I have been doing - the overdue notices
take priority. Our program is Winnebago, Spectrum 5.0 (on a  Mac).  I prepare
one class at a time and like to preview before printing,  in case some books
have no price listed (my catalog is not exactly  pristine).  If the price is
00.00, I go in and edit the record by adding a  price. This way my overdue
print-outs have prices on them - so culprits can pay  for lost books.  But you can
only preview 5 overdue notices at a  time!  There might be 10 kids in a class
with overdues, but you have to  print them out (and waste paper & toner) to
see all the records. Then  change the price and print it out again. I called the
tech folks at  Winnebago and that's just how it is. What a stupid design!
Just one  little thing like that makes extra work for a busy librarian. Hey,
that's  not the only thing about this program that bugs me. The symbol for a
reserve  book is so teeny tiny that you can barely see it when you are checking
books in.  Invariably, the book does not get saved on the reserve shelf, and
gets checked  out by someone else - causing anguish to eager patient readers.
Thank you for letting me vent!

REBECCA  REITZ
Librarian
PS 87