Here is the list of responses that I received for personal webpage providers.  I
had used or am already using Homestead and Teacher Web for our local librarians'
association webpage.  Both of these are very good and very easy to use.

I did check out the others and was leaning toward using either LunarPages or
Squarespace before I investigated a little more with my service provider.  With a
small software upgrade and some tweaking, I was able to upload my webpage to my
existing Internet provider (which offers the space if you call them and are
persistent with your request--- they don't provide any support and they kept
telling me that can't tell me any answers to my questions-- which resulted in doing
personal research to locate the answers that worked.)

Needless to say, I am happy that I was able to get my webpage uploaded but unhappy
that the company did not want to help me with a service that they clearly advertise
as a "plus" (personal webspace) with their cable / Internet subscription.  It was
obvious that only those who understand every aspect of the provider's service can
use it effectively because the company does not provide the answers to simple
questions.

http://www.servercentral.net/

http://lunarpages.com/

http://www.findmyhosting.com

http://www.godaddy.com

http://www.homestead.com/

www.squarespace.com

http://www.teacherweb.com/

www.hostway.com

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School
Fort Worth, TX
sbrisco021@charter.net

"It can take a master carpenter to build a barn, but any jackass can kick it
down....."
   ~Lyndon B. Johnson