While you didn't mention if you want this to be a fiction or non-fiction
book, I thought your choices of fiction were great.

Since your teacher sounds like one of the extraordinary gifts to education,
you might want to continue motivating her by choosing one of Ron Clark's
books:

The Essential 55: An Award-Winning Educator's Rules for Discovering the
Successful Student in Every Child

The Excellent 11: Qualities Teachers and Parents Use to Motivate, Inspire,
and Educate Children

Either book could be given with a note that explains that SHE is the reason
for student success and that her work was truly appreciated because it will
continue to touch the future of all her students--regardless of where she
teaches!

Good luck!

Shonda Brisco, MLIS
US / Technology Librarian
Fort Worth Country Day School
Fort Worth, TX
sbrisco021@charter.net

"It can take a master carpenter to build a barn, but any jackass can kick it
down....."
   ~Lyndon B. Johnson