Hi folks! This was fun, I've picked up quite a few terrific ideas, thanks to
all who responded. I also learned that elementary grades need a different
system (by grade level/ by story book etc) than secondary (more generic
lessons, even if by grade level ?)

Here is a HIT of responses, with names removed (I'm never sure about that:
do folks WANT to be anonymous or WANT to have credit?)
take care.