I only received two responses to my request for information about Questia
for use in secondary schools.  One requested information and the other is
listed below

Our school subscribes to Questia for about 150 IB and AP students.  The
response is underwhelming. Some students do use it and swear by it,  but
their use was for WWII projects and other past historical events.  There
seems to be plenty of that type of info. Students researching NAFTA  and
other more current issues had more luck with Proquest. I don't think  the
regular ed student would have any use for it, at least not our  regular
ed students. The company has been helpful to me as I have "managed"  it
here for our school, mostly giving out the logons and passwords to  the
students who have forgotten. If the teacher required the use of  Questia,
the student's used it. If the teacher did not require it, on the  whole,
Questia was not used. I did have short training sessions for many of  the
students, but the thing they seemed to be most impressed with was  the
citation maker aspect. Good luck.

I also spoke with two school schools that were given as a  reference by
Questia.  One liked it and used it with their juniors and  seniors and wanted to be
able to use it with all students.   That school primarily used it for the
required reading books.   Another school purchased for all their students but
only about half  actually activated their accounts.  She said that really only
those  students whose teachers required it, actually used it.

Thank you to those who responded.

Betty Cruikshank, Librarian
Lamar CISD
Rosenberg, TX