I would appreciate hearing from you with a list of  WW II and/or Holocaust novels
(or just one novel) that you think are the very best for 7th/8th grade level.
Reviews don't always tell the whole story, so I would appreciate your sending on
only titles that you have read.

For example, Milkweed, which is a wonderful new novel by Spinelli, is certainly
accessible to middle school students as far as language, etc., but the emotional
level seems more high school to me.  You may agree or disagree with that, but my
comment is an insight that I have gained by reading the novel rather than just
relying on a review. I would appreciate your comments as well as a list.

I will post a hit, so please send e-mails directly to me.

TIA

Susan

--
Susan Burstein