First thing, check with your district admin, local Educational Service
District (if you have a bigger than school district, but smaller than
state level org that handles media and curriculum), state ed dept, and
state level media association.  There may well be some databases
purchased on a consortium level that you are entitled to or can get for
very reduced rates.

I've used  Grolier Encyclopedias and eLibrary  at elem and  middle
school, I'd recommend  both. Each has resources that fit well to 3rd up,
as well as a lot of teacher support, prof dev.

Also, consider making a good portal page for your school.  Highly
qualified (rigorously selected) resources that teachers, students,
parents can use. ex: KidsClick  and LII rather than a google, et al
link. Kid entry points to museums, science news, NASA, art, authors,  etc.

--
Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA