Dear Susie and everyone else who has asked...
The majority of my series are in oblong  ice cream containers - I bought a
particular brand and force-fed it to my husband until I had enough boxes!  I
also bought some cheap plastic lunchboxes of the same shape and size as
extras.  Series that have many titles are in long plastic flower troughs,
and where I have seen a dumpbin or spinner that I could use, in a bookstore,
I have asked to have it when they have finished with it. There are also some
wire wall racks attached to various places that allow me to put series such
as Elmer and Arthur on display face out for the little ones.  I have made a
separate area for the series simply because I wanted to use the shelving to
break up the big-ness of the library floorspace.

Our local El Cheapos sells large clear plastic boxes for $2 which are
perfect for picture books so for multiple collections like Mem Fox, I put
all the titles in there and put them on the shelf where they would naturally
be.  I have done the same thing for novels, except they are in the ice-cream
containers.  I also found some stackable cubes (about 30cm x 30cm) that work
very well for our senior fiction series such as Redwall which are quite fat.

Once I knew what I wanted to do, I started looking for suitable containers
and it took me ages to find just what I wanted that had the depth and the
stability to cope with the books, were a suitable size, yet still allowed
the children easy access.  A lot of trial and error went into getting it
right but I am happy now.

Yesterday I did take photos of the new layout with an emphasis on the series
so I shall work on updating these pages in the next week. We have a two week
break starting today. YAY!
Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher-Librarian