I am working on writing a grant to update the Science collection at my school.  One
of my measurable points is to bring up the average collection age which is 1982.
Does anyone have information or know where I can find in writing the recommended
average age of the collection?  Our local news did stories on this back in the fall
but I have been unable (after an hour of searching) to find these guidelines
written anywhere.

I am in North Carolina, but written standards in other places may help lead me to
the source I need.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Robin Chandler
Media Coordinator