I looked at the ehd website and I don't detect any radical views or
anything, but welcome the opinion of others before I add it to the
collection.

>>> "Brisco, Shonda" <briscos@TRINITYVALLEYSCHOOL.ORG> 05/03/05 02:45PM

I have received the same package...and it's on my desk awaiting
further
scrutiny.  Any information that others can find would be helpful.

Thanks!

~Shonda Brisco
Trinity Valley MS / US Librarian
Fort Worth, TX
briscos@trinityvalleyschool.org

-----Original Message-----
From: School Library Media & Network Communications
[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Melissa Davis
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 1:14 PM
To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [LM_NET] GEN: Endowment for Human Development ??

We recently received a DVD package titled The Biology of Prenatal
Development: The Embryonic & Fetal Periods from Fertilization to Birth
presented by The Endowment for Human Development.

I looked for information of this Foundation in both ProQuest and Gale
databases, in addition to the usual internet search engines, and had
my
county library look in the Encyclopedia of Associations. Nothing
turned
up any information, not even a link to the organization's website! The
website (printed on the package) is http://www.ehd.org

Can anyone find any information on this group other than what is
posted
on their own website? I would really like to know something about them
before I make a decision on whether to add these DVDs to our
collection.

BTW, the package has a label "Worldfest-Houston 2005 Award Winner".
The
Worldfest website does list it as a winner, but it was not shown
during
the festival and there is no summary of this "movie".

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Melissa

Melissa Davis, Librarian
Splendora Junior High           281.689.2853
23411 FM 2090                   mbdavis@splendora.k12.tx.us
Splendora, Tx 77372             mbdavis50@cox.net

To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to: listserv@listserv.syr.edu In
the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET  2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/sub/ LM_NET
Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html