Amy Hailey wrote:

>What do you do with your new books after you have them ready for check out?  I
>have a "new" book section, but when different people shelve them the new books do
>not get back to that section, so they are only located in the "new" section when
>they are initially put out.

I have a new item display, and after the item is ready to circulate I
put it out on that rack. I can usually remember by the barcode number
what returned item ought to go back there, and what goes on the shelves.
When the majority of new items have been on display for about a month I
put them all on the shelves; sooner if another order comes in.

>If you put a "new" sticker on them when do you take it off, how time consuming is
>that?

I'm too cheap to buy "new" stickers, and too lazy to put them on and
take them off again.

--
David Lininger, kb0zke,
MS/HS librarian