I have 'NEW' stickers from one of the library supply houses. They are
temporary, so by the time they're looking a bit ragged, the book has
been out a few times.  I do move the occasional new book that doesn't
go, back to the shelves. Kids are smart and know it was there too long.

And to paraphrase  Dr. Cuseo, display many and display often.  My
assistant is pretty crafty and likes to put together tri-fold displays.
I gave her the 'tear-jerker' list from the recent archives, some had had
no checkouts yet this year (and probably last), now the display is
almost empty, and we have holds on books that were likely to be weeded
next month....

We just took down the poetry display, put up a Dragon Fantasy one, have
the Tear-Jerker one up, have a Science Rocks display (earth science)
up,  assembling an Adventure one and a SummerReading one. That one
involves glue and some appropriate party favors, doll patio furniture,
and book jackets. She is getting fancy and ambitious.
A not up to date display of the displays is at :
http://pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library/displays/index.htm

--
Robert Eiffert, Librarian
Pacific MS