Hi!

Here's what we have.  They are all picture books, with varying amounts
of text.

Edwards, Becky.
     My brother Sammy / Becky Edwards and David Armitage. -- Brookfield,
Conn : Millbrook Press, 1999.
     1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill ; 26 cm.
     A boy describes some of the many feelings he has about his brother
Sammy, who is autistic.
     ISBN 0761304398

Katz, Illana, 1946-
     Joey and Sam : "a heartwarming storybook about autism, a family,
and a brother's love" / written by: Illana Katz and Edward Ritvo, M.D.
; illustrations by: Fran Borowitz. -- 1st ed. -- Los Angeles, Calif :
Real Life Storybooks, c1993.
     1 v. : ill ; 26 cm.
     Although it is sometimes hard to have a younger brother like Sam
who is autistic, Joey is proud when Sam's special class performs at a
school assembly.
     ISBN 1882388003

Lears, Laurie.
     Ian's walk : a story about autism [Book] / Laurie Lears ;
illustrations by Karen Ritz. -- Morton Grove, IL : Albert Whitman,
1998.
     1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill ; 26 cm.
     A young girl realizes how much she cares for her autistic brother
Ian when he gets lost at the park.
     ISBN 0807534803

Thompson, Mary, 1947-
     Andy and his yellow frisbee / written and illustrated by Mary
Thompson. -- Bethesda, MD : Woodbine House, 1996.
     1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill ; 25 cm.
     The new girl at school tries to befriend Andy, an autistic boy who
spends every recess by himself, spinning a yellow frisbee under the
watchful eye of his older sister.
     ISBN 0933149832

On May 31, 2005, at 12:34 PM, Tripp, Bettina wrote:

> Hi.  My K-2 building will be getting several autistic students next
> year, and I would like some picture books to increase sensitivity of
> other students.  I just got the hit on books about children with
> disabilities.  Any specific titles that address autism you could
> suggest would be very helpful.  Thank you.  I will post a hit.

Robin Shtulman
Librarian
Erving Elementary School
28 Northfield Road