Greetings All!

 I am really enjoying this thread!  It made me think about the changes I've made in
my life in the last decade or so.  Ten years ago I was a single, workaholic middle
school librarian. Now I'm married and the proud mother of a 16 month old daughter.

While I'm still a librarian and now at a wonderful private school, my priorities
have changed.  If finances would allow, I'd be staying home with her.  I do
consider myself blessed every day to work in such a family-friendly environment.

I was a little put off by the tone of some of the postings on this topic.  "John
Denverism?"  He was a great singer, songwritier, and environmentalist.  Perhaps
this wasn't the intent, but the posting about him seemed a little derogatory.

Everyone should do some inner contemplation and find their own passion.  I'm still
trying to find mine.  :)  I can tell you that before I became a librarian I wanted
to be a florist, photojournalist for National Geographic, pilot of the Concorde,
fashion designer, jockey, ballerina, and an English professor.  Now my dream would
be to live in a wonderful apartment in Paris and create expensive perfumes.  Or
marry Willy Wonka and live in the chocolate factory.

But the best job of all is being Anastasia's Mommy.

Louise Colette Leonard
Martin J. Gottlieb Day School Library
Jacksonville Jewish Center
Jacksonville, FL