I believe most of Amazon's downloadable books are via audible.com.
Whether you download the book to a mp3 player or burn it to CDs, I believe they
are still for personal use only.

If you buy the CDs or cassettes from Amazon, I think you should be OK to
circulate.  However, you can't make any copies, even for backups.  So, in that
case, the CDs would be less expensive than places like Listening Library, but
you would have no replacement system for damaged CDs.  Kids are pretty hard on
materials, so it's a gamble.

Mary Hendon
Librarian
Bunker Middle School