The librarians and aides in my district trying to convince
administrators to automate our elementary schools and update the middle
and high school systems.  We've been told that they're interested, but
they don't really see how it relates directly to student achievement.

I'm hoping for some proof that I can share with the administrators.
Any links to articles, statistics, concrete facts that relate automation
and achievement would be helpful!  The archive has some ideas, but
nothing much since 2000.  Most of it is how it helps the librarian - not
the kids.

Please respond off list.  Thank you in advance!  I'll post a hit if
there is any interest.

Kristy Sandel, librarian
Mason High School
Mason, MI