Hi again everyone.  First of all, I appologize for not posting the correct subject
line ealier!  I've received a couple of responses to my signage question and a
couple of requests for a hit.  I'll post a hit when I get more information.

When I started looking at all the sign options, I quickly felt my stress levels
rising, and naturally, I turned to you guys because you are so wonderful in helping
find the rigt answers!  After doing a lot of online searching last night, I
immediately realized that this is a question for which many studies have been
undertaken.  I hope you'll excuse my inexperience in asking for help in such an
off-hand manner!  I just never realized everything that has to be considered in
deciding which signs to put where.

I am looking at 8-12 inch foam letters to designate library areas.  And, after
looking at many of the catalogs, right now I like Demco's classic sign holders for
the end caps.  You can select 2 line or 4 line, and I think they would look good
with the 2 line above the 4 line if more information is needed.  These are on page
953 of their 2005 catalog, item number P805213 and P 807898.  If anyone has used
these, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Last night I found several sites:  Cornell University has a detailed report on
library signage put out through Professor Alan Hedge's class.  The University of
Florida has a Sign System Report by their Library Sign committee.  LibraryJournal
has an article What's Your Sign by Julie Winkelstein.  There is a Spec Kit by The
Association of Research Libraries.  Ellen Bosman with New Mexico State University
has a bibliography of books /artiles, etc. on Creating a User Friendly Library with
Signage.  John Kupersmith has written an article on Information Graphics and Sign
Systems as Library Instruction Media.  Many experts are turning their efforts to
this!

I am very visual, and seeing examples of libraries with good signage would be a
great help. Yonker's Library has pictures of their "after" signage experience, and
these are great.  Can anyone recommend other sites with inside pictures of
secondary or public libraries that show the use of signs?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Vicki :-)

Vicki Nelson
Librarian