Well said.

I'd only add that every item we add ( or delete) to the collection  is
evaluated through our district selection policy. When a patron has a
concern about an  item, the test is to see if it fits to those
established standards.

It isn't a question about whether it is biased or not, or its specific
point of view; it is about keeping a collection that maximizes learning
(why we would have books for full range of  reading levels), provides a
full range of information (sex, birth control, abstinance, teen mothers,
teen fathers), and  presents a range of informed opinion and point of
view (religion, philosophy, current issues)

Robert Eiffert
Librarian, Pacific MS  Vancouver WA
pac.egreen.wednet.edu/library beiffert@egreen.wednet.edu
Librarian in the Middle Blog: beiffert.net  robert@beiffert.net