After a post on LM_NET about teaching parts of a book, I've gotten several
requests from LM_NETters for my parts of a book song, Hi Ho Librario.

<<Judy, one of LM_net members just recommended a song about the parts of a
book that you have created.  Can you let me know the best place to get ahold of
that?>>

LONG ANSWER:

She was probably referring to the title song of my little book & CD, Hi Ho
Librario. It's hard to get as my publisher will not make it available to Amazon,
and Follett sells the book but not the CD, and you can't order it from my
publisher's website, either, but must call them directly (or, I hope, fax or
write or e-mail), but if you want to try for a copy, here's the info you need:

Rock Hill Works
Box 522
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004-0522
Customer Service: 610-667-2375
Fax: 610-667-2691
Email: ssocha@rockhillworks.com
Website: www.rockhillworks.com (Then click on PRODUCTS, and then HI HO
LIBRARIO.)

On the CD (and in the book) is another song I wrote about the parts of the
book--The Book Song--but you'd have to hear it to sing it, as I wrote the music,
and it's not as instantly hummable.

SHORT ANSWER:
Here's the song, to the tune of The Farmer in the Dell, and written by my
dear friend and fellow librarian, now retired from the Plainfield, NJ schools,
Jane Scherer:

HI HO LIBRARIO   (by Jane Scherer, ©1980)

The author writes the book, the author writes the book;
Hi ho librario, the author writes the book.

The illustrator draws, the illustrator draws;
 Hi ho librario, the illustrator draws.

The publisher puts it together, the publisher puts it together;
Hi ho librario, the publisher puts it together.

The copyright tells us when... they made the book and then,
Hi ho librario, let's sing it once again!

Happy singing.

Judy

Judy Freeman
Children's Literature Consultant
Author of the forthcoming Books Kids Will Sit Still For 3
  (Libraries Unlimited, 2005; www.lu.com/winners)
65 North Sixth Avenue
Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-572-5634 / BKWSSF@aol.com