This post is specifically to school librarians in Louisiana but this project
is available for everyone in all states to view and download.

LIBRARY-TECHNOLOGY CURRICULUM PROJECT NOW ONLINE!

To All Louisiana School Librarians:

To assist school librarians in collaborating with teachers to implement
Louisiana’s new Comprehensive Curriculum, librarians from Ouachita Parish
School System and Monroe City School System have identified activities from
the new curriculum that can be more effectively addressed in the library
setting using multiple print and online library resources and/or require
multiple computers for students to be actively involved in the use of
technology.  These documents for PreK – Grade 12 are now posted on the
Ouachita Parish School System web page and may be downloaded. Documents are in
.pdf format.

To access these documents go to opsb.net.  Click on DOWNLOADS listed on the
left menu.  On the Downloads page, look for PUBLICATIONS.  The documents are
listed as LIB-TECHNOLOGY CURRICULUM.  When you go to the Lib-Technology
Curriculum page, you will see the four core content areas.  Click on any one
of the four to access the list of documents for PreK-12.  In each PreK-Grade 8
document, the information literacy skills for that grade are listed at the
beginning of the document.  For Grades 9-12 the information literacy skills
are in a separate file found on the Lib-Technology Curriculum page under the
four core content areas.  Please read the Preface pages in the documents for
an explanation of this project and the resulting documents.

This project and some of the sample documents were first presented last winter
at the LASL MidWinter Conference and later at the LLA conference in the
spring.  I apologize for the delay in getting the documents posted online.
Please share this message with other school librarians, computer lab teachers,
and your school administrators.

Our committee is very interested in your thoughts and comments concerning this
project.  Also, any questions that you may have can be sent to me at my email
address listed below.

Elizabeth P. Dumas, LMS
Good Hope Middle School
400 Good Hope Road
West Monroe, LA  71291
Phone: 318 396-9693 FAX: 318 397-5110
Email:  dumas@opsb.net
Web: www.ghms.net

Louisiana Libraries: Enrich, Educate, Empower