A big Thank You to all who responded with such wonderful words of wisdom
recommending automation systems to unite 3 campus libraries!!!  I have
investigated some of your recommendations and have compiled a criteria list
to help guide me.

The Via automation system by Innovative was recommended by a fellow LMS.  I
have done some reading on it, but would like to get some comments about it
from any of you out there who have experience with this system - what size
libraries does it handle?  Is it "user friendly"? How easy is it to import
MARC records? Does it allow for making global changes? How does it handle
circulation, reports, etc?  Please respond off list if you have any
experiences you'd like to share with me.  If anyone else is interested in
learning what I find out about VIA, let me know and I can either post a HIT
or send you the info individually.

Thanks in advance!

Margaret Robison

Librarian at the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind

Staunton VA

chewey75@adelphia.net

"Words are the outer clothing of ideas."  Hercule Poirot