The Georgia Student Media Festival is celebrating its 30th anniversary
this year!  Each year so many students from across Georgia submit
outstanding media and technology projects!  At the 2005 International
Student Media Festival, many of those projects receiving recognition
were Georgia student-produced!

This year the State Festival will be held on Friday, May 5, 2006 at the
headquarters of Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB) in Atlanta.  I'm
hoping the date will fit into your busy schedule and that you'll be able
to either serve as a judge or volunteer this year.  We'll need
volunteers to be at GPB from about 8:30 A.M. to approximately 2:00 P.M.
Lunch will be provided.  Parking information will be provided at a later
time for anyone participating.

If you are able to serve as a judge or volunteer for the festival,
please complete and return the attached spreadsheet via email to me at
GordonBaker@Clayton.Edu.  If you can't judge this year, I'd still like
to hear from you so we'll know that you aren't available.  Please let me
know your status by April 21, 2006.

Each year we try to give each judge their first choice for judging, but
at times that's not possible.  For those of you who have judged other
than your first choice, we want to thank you for your cooperativeness!
Our judging categories this year are:  Animation, Live-Action Video,
Interactive Stills, Sequential Stills, Websites, and Photo Essays.  On
the attached spreadsheet, please indicate your first, second, and third
choices of judging assignments.

As you probably know, with events such as this, the more judges and
volunteers we have the more efficiently we can complete the festival.
If you know of others who might be available to serve as judges or
volunteers, we would certainly welcome their assistance.

The Georgia Student Media Festival is co-sponsored by the Georgia
Association for Instructional Technology (GAIT) and the Georgia Library
Association (GLA).

Thank you again for your assistance in this important and exciting
endeavor.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Gordon

Gordon N. Baker, Ed.D.

Interim Director of Library Services