I would like to encourge school librarians in northern
California to check out the NAtional Board support
program @ Stanford..also if anyone on the LM_net has
questions about National Board...please e-mail me...KE

>Info on Stanford Intorductory Meetings:
> > Do you want to learn more about National Board
> > certification and the
> > difference it can make in your teaching?
> > The National Board Resource Center at Stanford
> > University offers one-day
> > introductory seminars that will provide
prospective
> > teachers with an
> > overview of the certification process. At the
> > conclusion of the seminar
> > teachers will have enough information to make an
> > informed decision about
> > whether now is the time to pursue this process.
> > Candidates will leave with
> > strategies for beginning the portfolio development
> > and ideas for planning
> > their candidacy year. The seminars are led by
> > National Board Certified
> > Teachers
> >

> > Please select from the following seminar dates:
> > The seminars are from 9:00 until 3:30 with
breakfast
> > and lunch provided.

> > August 19,2006
> >
> > How to register for an information seminar-
> > Please go to http://nbrc.stanford.edu.
> > --
> > Sandy Dean, Director
> > National Board Resource Center
> > Stanford University
> > 650-724-7349
> > Seminars are held at the Center for Educational
> > Research at Stanford
> > University, Room 300. Directions and further
> > information will be sent
> > electronically with a confirmation of your
> > registration.
> > For additional information about NBRC contact
Sandy
> > Dean at 650-724-7349.
> > What support is available to me as a National
Board
> > Candidate?
> > The National Board Resource Center at Stanford has
> > run a support program for
> > teachers pursuing National Board Certification
since
> > 1998 under the
> > direction of Dr. Linda Darling-Hammond. The
support
> > group provides a forum
> > for candidates to collaborate with other National
> > Board candidates and
> > National Board Certified teachers while completing
> > their portfolios and
> > preparing for the assessment center exercises. In
> > addition to general
> > sessions for all candidates, National Board
> > Certified Teachers facilitate
> > certificate area small group meetings. In these
> > groups, candidates share
> > experiences, and help one another to analyze their
> > work and reflect on it as
> > a way to develop and refine their instructional
> > practices.
> >
> > Candidates meet monthly on Saturday mornings at
> > Stanford University.
> > Attendance at seven of the ten meetings is
required.
> > Continuing Studies
> > Units from Stanford are available for a fee. The
> > program also hosts a
> > website where support materials and other
> > information can be accessed at
> > http://nbrc.stanford.edu
> >

> > 2006-07 Support Meeting Schedule
> >
> > The support program will meet on the following
> > Saturdays in 2006-07 from
> > 9:00AM - 12:30PM:
> >
> >   August 26,2006   What lies ahead for candidates?
> >   September 9,2006   Standards Workshops
> >   October 7,2006   Writing for the portfolio
> >   November 4,2006   Standards workshops
> >   December 2,2006   Understanding the scoring
> > process
> >   January 13,2007   The architecture of
accomplished
> > teaching
> >   February 3,2007   Concentration on portfolio
> > development
> >   March 3,2007   What to expect at the assessment
> > center
> >   April 7,2007   Assessment center study groups
> >   May 5,2007   Assessment center study groups
> > Celebrating completing the
> > process

K. E.  Hones, NBCT Librarian
R.L. Stevenson School
2051  34th Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94116
Work 415 759-2837
FAX 415 759-2844
Website: http://everyschool.org/u/global/kayhones/Stevenson.html
Blog: http://360.yahoo.com/profile-1jtoDSo6er8qtpipwZD88g--?inv=yKfqklVjKw--&r=
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3catz/
Quando un amico chiede non c’e domani.
When a friend calls there is no tomorrow. G. Herbert

La felicita e nascosta dappertutto, basta scovaria.
Love lies hidden all around. All you need to do is find it.  Anonimo

Il bacio fa piu giovane il cuore e cancella l’eta.
A kiss rejuvenates the heart and cancels out age.  Anonimo

Bridges are crossed one step at a time. So step out over that chasm already.

The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.  Whenever you
find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.  Mark
Twain

http://mail.yahoo.com