I had a request for a HIT of the responses to my question about playing one
VCR on two TV's, so here it is.  One person also attached a picture of the
required splitter.  Of course, I can't send an attachment to the list, but
if you would like to see it let me know and I'll send it to you privately.

Here are the responses I received:

Go to your local Radio Shack and ask for a video splitter...your coax cable
comes out of the VCR and goes into the splitter and then there are two out
connectors which each go to a coax that goes into the back of each TV. The
main thing is getting long enough coax that will put the TVs far enough
apart for easy viewing and then setting both TV volumes up so they don't
interfere with each other (must balance them). It is easy enough to do.

____________________

You'll need one short tv (coaxial) cable, and two long ones. Go by Radio
Shack for a splitter. It's usually a silver colored box with two threaded
pegs on one side, and one on the other. (They'll be able to help you at
Radio Shack if you tell them what you're looking for.) Hook up the short
cable from the VCR to the single outlet side of the splitter. Run one cable
from each outlet on the other side of the splitter to the two tv's. Turn the
tv's on to the right channel to receive from the VCR, and you should be in
business.

____________________

Yes,  Go to Radio Shack and they will help you.  You will need to purchase a
splitter that and then a length of cable cord the distance in which you
desire the two TV's to be.

____________________

I absolutely know that it can be done -- as I've done it, but not often
enough that I can tell you how to do it.  Except  I would visit my local
Radio Shack -- or electronic store and take with me a digital picture of the
back of the VCR (front to if there are any connections there)  (also make
and model of VCR) and do the same for  each of the TVs.  They will be able
to tell you what you need to connect to to make it work.  I think you will
need a specific cord.

____________________

Yes, it is possible.  I think you should be able to get a splitter at Radio
Shack or a media-type store.  The cord will leave the VCR, plug (screw
into)into the splitter, and there are two places on the splitter for other
cords (you will probably want long cords) to exit the splitter and then be
plugged into the TV's.

____________________

            Yes, it can be done. You need a splitter like this one (see
attachment) that runs around $12. Acoustic Research PRO II (PR-430) 2GHz
2-Way Video Splitter (this is from Radio Shack)   You can find them cheaper
I think,  but it only needs to be like the one pictured. You do not need the
fancy converters for $$$. You will also need 3 cable wires. Here's how to
set it up:
            I am going to assume that you have a TV and a VCR on a movable
TV cart and another TV on a movable cart.
            Find the wire that would normally come out of the VCR and would
go to the TV.  Remove it from the TV and attach it to the single plug on the
splitter. Its now plugged into the VCR and the splitter. Thats the first
cable wire I mentioned. The other side of the splitter has two plugs.
Attach a wire (this will be the 2nd wire)  to a plug and attach the other
end to the TV on the cart with the VCR. It does not matter which of the two
plugs you use. Now attach the 3rd wire to the remaining plug and attach the
other end to the 2nd TV. Usually this wire is going to be very long. Usually
this set up is used in, say an auditorium or lecture hall so that one side
can see on TV and the other side can see the other TV. Therefore you need a
very long wire so the TV can be separated.   So, what happens is that the
signal comes out of the VCR and is "split" sending it to both TVs. The
pictures on the screens may be a bit different (slight color shift). The
sound should be the same and you can use the sound on both TVs (recommended
if possible). Half the sound volume from 2 TVs is better than total sound
from one TV.

____________________

Yes it can be done with a splitter (a very inexpensive and useful item!) but
keep in mind depending on how the two monitors are going to be set up you
may also need a very long co-axil cable.  It would be available in the same
aisle as the splitter.  I am assuming you would want one monitor to be on
one side of the room and the other on the other side so you would need 25 to
50 foot cable. They do sell them that long.

____________________

Yes, you can do it. My splitter has 3 ports. One at the bottom and 2 coming
out of the top. Put one cable going out of the vcr. Connect that to the one
port on the splitter that is separate or at the bottom of the splitter. Take
2 cables and attach them to the splitter using the 2 ports at the top that
seem to look alike.  One goes to each tv. Turn on the vcr push play and put
the tvs on channel 4 or 3 whichever they are set for. I wish I could draw
you a picture of the splitter, but I think you can figure it out.

Doris Black

Sierra Middle School Librarian

Roswell, NM

djblack@cableone.net