Hello, friends!

I'm seeking advice and suggestions -

Setting the stage:  I was hired as an elementary librarian seven years ago
(release time split between two buildings K-5).  Two years ago our high
school librarian retired and she was not replaced (budget cuts).  I was then
made the "District Librarian" but my schedule changed very little.  I now go
to the high school 1 ½ hours a week (Monday morning).

Finally, there has been some talk of approaching our superintendent with the
need to fill this position.  Our union president has asked teachers what
they would like to see and he has asked my thoughts as well.  "I know you
have some great ideas about what a modern media center should look like with
appropriate research materials..."  he said to me.  But I don't even know
where to start or how to present this information.  I have, of course, all
the research about libraries, staffing and funding.  But now I'm just
feeling overwhelmed.

Oh, and let me mention that the average age of our collection at that
building is 1979.  I've done some weeding and a little bit of ordering but
it's tough when I'm there so little.  There is SO much work to be done.

Please, send me any advice or thoughts so I can put together some kind of
presentation/proposal.

TIA
Kelly Sandy
Newaygo Public Schools