Hi,

I tell our middle school students why I do not recommend Wikipedia for
academic research purposes and explain to them that I view it as a
combination of education (when/if it is accurate) and entertainment
(when/if it isn't). Ergo, Edutainment. If they wish to use it for
non-school purposes, they are advised to verify the information from
Wikipedia.

Best regards,

Martin Swist
mswist@asij.ac.jp
Middle  School  LMS
The American School In Japan (ASIJ)
1-1-1 Nomizu, Chofu-shi, Tokyo, 182 Japan
Telephone: 81 422 34 5300, extensions 295 & 296
Hospitality Committee Member (Sig. File "Police"), LM_NET
http://www.asij.ac.jp/middle/lib/index.html
"It's no use going to school unless the library is your final destination."
Ray Bradbury.

"The heart is a little to the left." William Sloane Coffin.