Date: Sun. 2/27/06
From: Lauren Mitchell, Science Teacher/LMS student
Glen Rock Middle School, NJ
sixmitch@optonline.net
I posted a request yesterday regarding your input on your choice for top resources.
 Many people responded and for that I am very thankful, however, I guess I didn't
express myself clearly.  The message read as follows:
"I have been a science eacher for a nearly 10 years but am now in an LMS program.
I'm wondering if you can help me with a class assignment since I am not currently a
LMS.  I will be researching and then evaluating your responses.  My question is
this:  If the school media center were on fire, what resources (print, non print,
electronic, digital, periodicals, etc.) would you take with you or try to save?
What would you not want to be without either for yourself, the teaching staff, or
for your students?  The resources can be  instructional, professional, or student
centered resources.  Any information you can provide will be appreciated.  Thank
you."
I was referring to the fire in a figurative sense so that I impressed upon you to
really think about the reources, references, periodicals web sites, software that
are invaluable to you and what you feel you wouldn't want to be a day without.  I
apologize for my error.  I agree that in the event of a real fire, nothing else
would matter except the safety of students and staff.  If you could address my
question (minus the fire of course) I would really appreciate it.  Thank you in
advance for any recommendations you can provide.
Please send your responses to: Lauren Mitchell, Science Teacher/LMS student
 Glen Rock Middle School, NJ
sixmitch@optonline.net