I received some wonderful suggestions from many of you for memorable books
to follow The Kite Runner, by Hosseini, which I found to "rattle my
emotions" as a book had not done in a long time.  So, here is the list of
titles and authors I plan to read my way through:

Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, by Dai Sijie

Purple Hibiscus,  by Adichie

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Azar Nafisi

Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro

My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult

Ishmael,  by Daniel Quinn

Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Two Old Women, by Velma Wallis.

Peter and the Starcatchers,  by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry.

Shining Hero, by Sara Banerji

Truth & Beauty: A Friendship, by Ann Patchett

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon

Me Talk Pretty One Day, by David Sedaris

The Time Traveler's Wife, by David Sedaris

Kick Me: Adventures in Adolescence, by Paul Feig

A Girl Named Zippy,  by Haven Kimmel

Five Smooth Stones, by Ann Fairbairn

Blackbird, by Jennifer Lauck

On Beauty, by Zadie Smith

Once again, you LM-Netters are the BEST!  Read on!

Shirley Lukenbill, Librarian

Wooldridge Elementary, Austin (TX) ISD

and Lecturer, School of Information

University of Texas at Austin