Jennifer GARCIA wrote:

>I have also donated to our high school library.  They are much more
>liberal than I am here at junior high.  I figure that we have enough
>hormones racing without them reading "hot" stuff too!  LOL  I also send
>books that are written at a higher level that are not used here very
>often.  Because we have an open and sharing relationship with the high
>school, I can run over and get books anytime i need them.

Here at Skyline we have two libraries, a K-6 and a 7-12, located in two
buildings on the same campus. In 1998, when the new building was opened,
we split a K-12 library, and as you can imagine, some books went to the
wrong library. We have those taken care of now, but every once in a
while one of us will get a book that would be better off in the other
library. If the book was donated it really doesn't bother anyone, and
even purchased books generally come from general fund money. The only
time this might be a problem is when a book is purchased with a grant
that restricts expenditures to a particular grade level or building, but
those are very rare.

--
David Lininger, kb0zke,
MS/HS librarian