Name: Mrs. Alexander
Position: Media Coordinator Morganton, NC
Location:Chesterfield Elm. K-5
malexana@burke.k12.nc.us
We are about to go to a full flexible schedule in our elementary media
center.  I am excited, except for the fact that I have to train the
staff on it before we begin the year and I just want to make sure I give
every reason why and how this could work for us. I have already accessed
NCWiseowl for the video and can get much information from Information
Power, but what I would like to have are your suggestions from people
who have tried it. Also, I really have to persuade staff on this because
they will lose a Pull-out (regular library time) to do this. Any ideas,
Powerpoints, etc... would be really appreciated:

*       A Survey that might promote questioning about collaboration, information
skills,
         flex. scheduling and the roles of MC accourding to MCPAI-R tool
*       Reasons flex scheduling is benenficial
*       Teacher and MC roles in media center
*       Ideas for a collaborative planning sheet that works
*       What works and does not work
*       Ideas for the workshop that would be interactive for the staff so I am
         not standing up preaching to staff, but working together productively
         with everyone
*       Ideas to promote collaboration (note- they will lose library pull-out to
begin th is
         schedule and I need teachers to believe this is worth it to them)
        Thanks for all your help.