I have about 18 new teachers (middle school through high school) coming in a
few weeks and this is the first time that we will be offering library
orientation to new faculty before school begins.  I wanted to create a
packet of materials detailing what the library offers, including resources,
services, how to request instructional time, and other things that we do SO
well ----but never had the opportunity to tell them!  I'll have less than an
hour to tell everything about our library holdings---and our new online circ
/ cat system--- quickly review our online databases, give information about
United Streaming Videos, share information about our "research modules" that
we customize for teachers / subjects, and encourage them to collaborate with
us on research projects.  I'd like to give them something to refer to
throughout the year---or later in the day---in order to remember what we can
do for them and what we have available.

I wondered if others have already created a packet of materials for their
new (or current) teachers that I might be able to recreate for our library?
I have ideas but they seem really generic and not too "jazzy", so I wondered
if others might be able to share what you're doing?

If you have a link to your library's website with "Welcome" information,
word documents that you reproduce to give to your new teachers, or brochures
that you share during orientation or staff development at the beginning of
the school year, I'd love to see some examples to spark some creativity in
me  (....it must be the heat because my brain is fried!!  It's 104 degrees
today here in Texas!!!)

I'll share ideas and post a hit on my final product, if there is an
interest.

Thanks SO much!

~Shonda
--