God, I hope someone is up.

  Okay, I live in Lake County, OH, just east of Cleveland.

  I have never lived in a house where the basement flooded before.

  I have sewage water, 4 feet deep and rising down there.  Yes, my basement is
lovely--finished, carpeted, ruined.  Yes, I have a sump pump.  It is overwhelmed.

  Did not know/realize until too late to unplug the washer/dryer (brand new,
delivered yesterday, ruined too, I guess).  I cannot get to the circuit breakers
now.

  Right now, we have gathered buckets and trash cans and are bailing to try to keep
up--rain keeps coming. fill--carry out through garage and dump--repeat.

  The street in front is a river.  I've never seen anything like this in my life.

  Any advice?  I called my homeowners insurance (Allstate) at 9PM--they said they'd
call back in an hour--it's now after 2AM.  Yes, I left the cell phone number for
them to call in case the phon elines went out, which has occurred.  So much for
that.  I called back and was told to look for emergency restoration companies in
the phone book--that the backs of the phone books have listings--all my phone books
got are sleazy law firms in back.  Restoration companies???  The yellow pages go
from restaurants to resumes.

  We can't keep bailing--my hubby has had heart attack, and I was just informed
this morning that I need a biopsy for possible uterine cancer--I'm very weak due to
loss of blood for past several weeks. I'm supposed to be resting.   Yeah, i know,
what a great day.

  Phones are out, but for some reason I still have internet, which is through AT&T
Yahoo, same as telephone.

  Who do you call when this happens?  What do you look under?  The dang woman at
Allstate keeps saying they'll call in an hour, but its been 5 hours now and no call.

Dawn Sardes
Teen Services Librarian
Euclid Public Library
Euclid, OH
yayagoddess@sbcglobal.net.omit.this
Check out my Harry Potter Fan Fiction at
http://www.fanfiction.net
Pen Name: YaYa Goddess