Greetings colleagues.  I think that I first heard about Dave Ruch last  fall
on the lm_net, and went to hear him sing.  He is really talented, and  his
songs feature Western New York, New York State and American history.   He brings
it all to life in a very captivating way.
I was determined to get him to some event, somewhere, and as it turns out  he
is going to be giving a concert at my church on August 19th, at 4PM, free and
 open to the community.
His website, _www.daveruch.com_ (http://www.daveruch.com) , will  give you a
lot more information about him, but one of the very exciting things  is that
you can get grants to have him come and sing at your school,   basically get
him for free, and he's terrific.

He'll be singing at the First Presbyterian Church, One Symphony Circle,
Buffalo, NY, right across from Kleinhans Music Hall.  We're incorporating  him
into a day celebrating the history of that whole neighborhood, which has  been a
vital part of the growth of the city of Buffalo.
Admission is free, but anyone who wants to make a donation is welcome to,
and proceeds would go to our Tower restoration fund.  In the sanctuary  you'll
be surrounded by the beautiful Tiffany windows, and get a chance to see  the
E.B. Green building from the inside out.

It should be a lot of fun, and you might come away with a whole new program
idea tucked into your back pocket, just like I did!  Hope to see you  there.

Elizabeth Kamke   Librarian   St. Joseph's Collegiate  Institute  845 Kenmore
Avenue
Buffalo, NY  14223     eksk476@aol.com