Posted on behalf of ALA President-Elect Leslie Burger:

I would like to enlist your help for a very exciting and interactive
project that will help transform libraries!

"Libraries Transform Communities" is the theme I have chosen for my
presidential initiative. We know that when libraries are transformed
either by new services, programs, renovations, or new buildings that the
communities they serve are in turn transformed. Part of the initiative
is to create a Transformation Tool Kit, which will have tips and ideas
for how to transform your library, and stories from libraries that have
been transformed.

This is where I need your help: please send in your transformation
stories and photographs. Explain briefly how your library has been
changed and how your library users and community have been transformed.
The stories and photographs that you submit will be featured on my
website, http://lb.princetonlibrary.org.

Please send all materials to Romina Gutierrez at
rgutierrez@princetonlibrary.org as soon as possible.

I hope you share your transformation stories with me and with the
library community! Thank you in advance for your participation.

Leslie Burger
ALA President-Elect

Beth Yoke
Executive Director
Young Adult Library Services Association,
fastest growing division of the American Library Association
50 E. Huron St.
Chicago, IL 60611
1 (800) 545-2433 x4391
byoke@ala.org
www.ala.org/yalsa
Check out our '06 award winning books at
www.ala.org/yalsa/booklists