Thanks to everyone who replied to me about biographies in the 900s.  I
would post a HIT, but the answers I received basically all say the same
thing.  It seems that most librarians make their decision on where to
put their biographies based on the needs and characteristics of their
users.  Most who have their bios in the 900s DO NOT change the labels to
B or BIO, like mine were labeled.

Since I do not want to relabel all my biographies and since my students
seem to be confused about why the labels suddenly change to B in the
middle of the 900s, I've decided to relocate my biographies to an
entirely different section.  I'll definitely remind them that it might
be a different way in other libraries.

Thank you all for your time and your replies!  I actually learned quite
a bit through this posting, and have been able to re-think my statement
about bios in the 900s making no sense!  :-)

Lisa Gonzalez, librarian

Notre Dame High School

455 Palma Drive

Salinas, CA 93901