Before my maternity leave, I asked for recommendations on non fiction books
that are must haves.  I didn't receive too many suggestions, but what I did
receive is listed below.  I would still be interested in hearing other
titles that are must haves.

Thanks for those of you who sent their favorites.

Original Post: I am trying to compile a list and update my non-fiction
collection at the same time.  I would like to know the non-fiction titles
that are must haves in this 7-12 collection.  I know the sports section
could use a little boost.  I will compile a hit and pass it on to everyone.

I really liked The Burn Journals by Brent Runyon, but it would not be
appropriate for middle
school.

An American Plague: The True and Terrifying Tale of the Yellow Fever
Epidemic of 1793 by Jim Murphy
Black Potatoes by Susan Campbell Bartoletti

You mgiht want to refer to my book A Core Collection for Young Adults which
was designed to do just this:  core books that every library should have.
http://www.neal-schuman.com/db/8/298.html

If you need to add to the sports section I would definitely add the
following:

The Game by Ken Dryden
Skywalking
Touching the Void

Also, the Michael Moore books get lots of attention in my library.

Dawn VanLerberghe
Baraga Area Schools
210 E. Lyons St.
Baraga, MI 49908