The last thing I requested was success stories where people had very
restrictive policies/filters and were able to achieve improved
situations. I received six very heartening stories. They all had these
things in common...people with the concerns, librarians, teachers, etc.
met together and accumulated facts and examples. They then set up
meetings (in one case I think it was all done via email, others were
face to face meetings). Sometimes these meetings were just with tech
people and some went all the way up to the superintendant. During the
meetings they stated their cases and showed specifics. In the reported
instances, this did bring about more reasonable policies. I do know that
this is not always the case, but would like to share that sometimes it
indeed does work. There was one other story offered by a person who does
not want to be named. In this case the superintendent was the problem.
The tech people worked with the librarians and teachers by setting up a
special guest login that allowed access. As this person said, it was a
little sneaky but at least it worked.

I want to again thank everyone for sharing so much valuable information.
If you did offer stories, your name and school were not named unless I
contacted you personally for permission. Thanks again so much!--Mary Ann

--
"Try curiosity!"  Dorothy Parker