This spring I have the task of packing my small primary school library and putting
half in storage and half in a much reduced space for about two years until new
construction is finished.  We have under 7000 (not that much) items that need to be
sorted, stored and shifted.  Has anyone every packed a library of this size before?
I would like to have a realistic idea of how much time it will take to sort and box
up about 7000 books.  Admin is thinking I could get help from the PTA and they are
possibly giving me under a week to get it all done.  I would like some facts to
give them that would make them see that I need real time to do the job right.
 I plan to inventory the collection before the sorting, storing and shifting.  I
have already done extensive weeding, but know I will still be weeding as the boxes
get packed.  Any advice and guidelines from someone who has done a similar size
move would be appreciated.

Alice L. Cyphers, Librarian
Washington Elementary School
381 Washington Blvd.
Bangor, PA 18013
cyphersa@bnet1.bangorsd.org
Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail transmission may contain confidential and legally privileged infor-
mation that is intended only for the individual named in the e-mail address.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or reliance upon the contents of this e-mail message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail transmission in error,
please reply to the sender, so that proper delivery can be arranged, and please
delete the message from your mail box.