*From: School Library Media & Network Communications
*[mailto:LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Marian Royal
*Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 5:30 PM
*To: LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
*Subject: Censorship Update: The policy will be honored!
*
*Dear Colleagues:
*
*I had to write and let you all know that administration has made my
*weekend by deciding that we should follow the reconsideration procedure
*as outlined in our library policy.  They also decided that I should
*receive all of the books back and should have the chance to fully
review
*the three that had not yet been added to our collection.  I am
overjoyed
*and hopeful that some of the challenged books will be allowed to stay.
*The janitor/parent is going to be required to read in their entirety
all
*of the books to which he objects and fill out our detailed
*reconsideration form for each he wants removed.  Then we will form our
*committee and decide whether or not they should stay.
*
*I can't thank all of you enough for your letters and calls offering
*support, guidance and helpful information.  Several times I was almost
*moved to tears when I read your words of encouragement.  The best
*colleagues in the world must be librarians.  Thank you all so much.  If
*anyone's interested, I'll post an update about whether or not we keep
*the books or remove them.  Have a great weekend.
*
*Marian Royal
*Librarian
*Socorro High School
*Socorro, NM
*mroyal@socorro.k12.nm.us
*505-838-2752
*
*--------------------------------------------------------------------
*Please note: All LM_NET postings are protected by copyright law.
*  You can prevent most e-mail filters from deleting LM_NET postings
*  by adding LM_NET@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU to your e-mail address book.
*To change your LM_NET status, e-mail to: listserv@listserv.syr.edu
*In the message write EITHER: 1) SIGNOFF LM_NET  2) SET LM_NET NOMAIL
*3) SET LM_NET MAIL  4) SET LM_NET DIGEST  * Allow for confirmation.
* * LM_NET Help & Information: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/
* * LM_NET Archive: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/archive/
* * EL-Announce with LM_NET Select: http://elann.biglist.com/sub/
* * LM_NET Supporters: http://www.eduref.org/lm_net/ven.html