Steven,

Great answer.  I spent an inordinatge amount of time working with a student
on cataloging last semester.  She needed pages from the various tools.  This
sememster she had a term paper, wrote me her topic said she did not have
Library Literature.  I did an online search for her sent her the bibliography
and never a word of thanks.

I agree with you.  We need to get a hand on this. We need guidelines.  One I
am going to use is to only answer questions which ask what is current
practice or opinion in the field, and I am not going to answer question which
takes more than  10 minutes of my time.  I also suggest that your e-mail
become the basis of a questionaire we ask all students to complete to receive
extensive help.

Ray

Dr. Raymond W. Barber
Director of Libraries