This year, for the first time, 8th graders from our community will be visiting the
high school library for a field trip in May.  Our goal is to introduce them to the
staff and the facility, which is much larger & has a larger collection than they
are used to, and to introduce them to the type/level of research they will be
expected to do in high school.  We're also trying to clue in 8th grade teachers &
library staff (some of whom will accompany the kids) about what we expect at the
high school level, since we don't feel the kids are prepared for high school
research.  (The teachers/library staff know this and are participating with the
hope of making some changes.)
  Have any of you participated in this sort of field trip expereience before?  As
the high school librarian, I'm working with the chair of our English department to
  plan the day.  We'll have each group for a couple of hours.  Any suggestions
about what we should make sure to cover, activities we might use, etc.?

  Thanks!
  Anita

Anita Beaman, Librarian
Washington Community High School
Washington, IL
abeaman74@yahoo.com

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger
with Voice.