David,
I have been a Follett user for over 10 years.  I have had nothing but positive
results from there tech support.  In fact, I have had situations where I called and
asked for an upper level tech and was transfered immediatlely.  I do not know if
you are dealing with Athena techs or Follett techs, but if they are Follett people,
it may just be that they are not a familiar with the Athena product as the Follett
product.
Good luck,

>>> David Lininger <tss003@TNP.MORE.NET> 11/06/06 11:47 AM >>>
Last week my Athena went down, so I called Tech support. After waiting
several minutes, I was given the option to leave a voicemail message,
which I did. In the meantime, I asked you for help. Several of you
responded, but none of your suggestions helped. This morning I called
Tech Support again, determined to wait as long as necessary. It took 10
minutes. The person I talked to was quite polite, but we didn't get the
problem solved. She promised to email me some information that may help
us solve it here, but it hasn't arrived yet, 30 minutes after our
conversation.

I've not had to call Tech Support very often, but until this time, I've
gotten through to someone almost immediately, and the problem was taken
care of on the phone or they talked me through sending the files to them
to fix.

Is this what we can expect from now on? Has Follett taken over all of
the Athena sales/support? Are they using the same people, or their own?
The phone number obviously hasn't changed, but the level of support
seems to have gone down. Is this what we can expect from Follett on all
of their products, or was this just a busy time for them?

--
David Lininger, kb0zke,
MS/HS librarian