 Greetings:

Our Follett library workstations will be changed over to
dual-boot Intel Macs in the near future. The old keyboard
wedge scanners will not work with the Macs, which means I
have to purchase two new USB barcode scanners.

Have any of you had good/bad experience with specific brands
of USB barcode
scanners used on Macs? Any recommendations?   I could always
purchase Follett's scanners, but I feel their prices are far
out of line for the technology.

For background, we are using Follett Circ+/ Cat+ v6.2.  With
the Intel Macs, we boot into the Win XP side (since Follett
6.2 will not work with OS 10.x.)  So far, the Follett
software is working well on this platform.  However, all the
old scanners are 5 pin DIN, and the DIN to PS/2 to USB
adapters will not allow the signal to pass through.
Sooooooo, off we go hunting for recommendations. ;-)

 Thanks for any recommendations.

 Tim O'Shaughnessy
 Moline H. S. Media Center
 3600 Ave. of the Cities