Hi folks,

I've asked once this before, but how are you organizing your
libraries using AR Enterprise?

We have our books organized by AR Levels for books in which we
purchased quizzes.  However, as children are checking out books in
our general (non-AR) collection, I am placing stickers on the spine
indicating the level.  I am also writing BL, Pts, and Quiz # on the
first leaf of the book since I don't have the funds to buy 4,000
stickers to label them.

I have parents helping me shelve books.  We are confused as to where
to shelve books that AR quizzes available using Enterprise.  Should
we continue to shelve them with the general collection?  Should we
include them with our purchased quiz books?

Another dilemma:

My media center received significant water damage due to Ernesto.  I
lost my wall bookshelves due to mold and mildew -- Health Dept.
mandated it..  They will arrive around the middle of January.  I
still have books available for checkout on my double-sided
bookshelves.  I know that I will have to pack up everything anyway.
So, I'm wondering:  Why not go ahead and rearrange the media center
books if need be?

I have 6 double sided shelves.  I'm thinking of assigning one shelf
per grade level (k-5) for fiction books.  For grades K-3, I think  my
nonfiction would have to be on one side and the fiction on the
other.   For my nonfiction books in grades 3-5, I can  place them on
the wall shelves interspersed with the books that are not AR.  The AR
books will be detectable by their AR labels.

What should I do with my fiction books that don't have AR quizzes?
Should I have separate shelving for them?

Can you picture what I'm thinking?

The kids are loving having Enterprise, but it is an organizational
nightmare!  I have parents checking books and  labeling them for me.
They have already started shelving the books in the leveled sections
with books that have purchased quizzes.  I didn't know they were
doing that until yesterday.  When I looked, several books were not in
their original places in the general collection (non-AR).

Do you have suggestions?
What problems/solutions are you all having with Enterprise?

By the way, my new floor will be installed during our Winter Break --
I hope!  Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Janice Askew
Media Coordinator
T. S. Cooper Elementary School
237 NC 32 South