I'm doing a presentation in less than two weeks in  several locations in
which I will not have access to the Internet. There  are several web sites I would
really like to be able to demonstrate during  the presentation which would be
much better "live" rather than  through screen shots.
     I have ordered "Webwhacker," which I've never used  before and I've also
downloaded the trial copy, but have not had much luck with  it.  I don't
think the full version will arrive in time at any rate.
      A "techie" friend has told me that I can do  the same thing by choosing
the "offline viewing" box after I save the site under  "Favorites" in Windows
Explorer, then going through the "Synchronize"  process under "Tools."  I've
done this with both websites and I've created  my links in the PPT
presentation.  I've gone in, selected how many layers,  selected video, sound, etc.
allowed for additional hard drive space, etc.  (Actually, I've done the process
several times and it eventually tells me it has  completed the synchronization.)
Yet, when I try out the link (not  connected to the Internet) all I get is
"Page Not Found."  Perhaps I'm  leaving out a step? Is there something else I
need to do? Do I need to  create the link differently?  I have noticed that when
I look under  "Favorites" now both sites that I have synchronized have
special symbols beside them, so I guess I've done something extra to them.   Can
someone give me some additional instructions?  TIA.

Jan McGee, LMS
West Monroe High School Library
201 Riggs Street
West Monroe, LA  71291